Main Grapefruit use

In a good year, a single Grapefruit tree can produce around 600 kilos of fruit.

Down in sunny Florida they say that from 1 acre of a grove it is possible to harvest 400-700 boxes of grapefruit. 700 boxes of grapefruit weigh approximately 27.5 tons (circa 60,000 pounds).

Setting aside the fruit used in the manufacture of Grapefruit Extract, around 40% of the Grapefruit harvested each season is used for juice. The other 60% is sold as fresh grapefruit.

Speak Your Mind

*